When it comes to cool billionaires Mark Cuban is right at the top of the list. He has had his own cameo on Entourage (financing Turtle’s Tequila business), owns an NBA team (Dallas Mavericks) and comes across as being a guy you would love to have a night out with. In 2013 his net worth was estimated to be $2.5 Billion from a string of successful technology based businesses. I didn’t see Bill Gates on Entourage but I wonder if Richard Branson would get a gig.
I just read his book “How to win at the sport of business: If I can do it, you can do it” which is an easy to read semi auto biographical account of his story and rules for success. Perfect business book read this summer.
You can check out Cuban’s content rich blog
Just to give you a taste of Cuban’s rules for business here are his 12 mantras for success:
1) Time is more valuable than money
2) Commit random acts of kindness
3) No balls, no babies
4) Work hard, play hard
5) Don’t let fear be a roadblock
6) Expect the unexpected, and be ready
7) It’s okay to yell and be yelled at
8) Everyone gets down: the key is how soon you get up
9) It’s not whether the glass is half empty or half full, its who is pouring the water
10) It’s not in the dreaming, it’s all in the doing
11) Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered
12) You only have to be right once.
I highly recommend his book. Only $2.68 on your Kindle and delivered to you in an instant. I guarantee a significant ROI on your $2.68 and 2 hours reading time.